Selecting lenses and frames is a very personal choice. At Cargo Eye Care of Las Colinas, we know that making a decision about your eyewear goes waaay beyond good vision. What you choose makes a statement about who you are.
Highlight your best features, play with color, augment vision for different functions such as reading, driving and playing sports. With all the choices available, the selection experience can be daunting – without the right guidance. Cargo Eye Care of Las Colinas and Irving makes the process easy!
Our experienced optical team can help you narrow down the choices (there are many!) so you can find the look, fit and functionality you want – Schedule now to not only see your best, but look your best, too!
Prescription lenses have come a long way! Today, nearly any eye condition or vision issue can easily be addressed with prescription lenses designed to meet your vision needs and complement your lifestyle.
Lenses that change as the light changes? No problem. Bifocal lenses that provide multiple fields of vision? We’ve got you. Cargo Eye Care of Las Colinas has lenses that are thinner and lighter than ever before and progressive lenses that eliminate the traditional lines of multifocal lenses.
- Bifocal Lenses – Bifocals are lenses with two distinct viewing areas to help correct vision at two distances. In the same way, trifocal lenses correct vision at three distances.
- Progressive Lenses – Progressive lenses allow multiple vision fields to be incorporated into a single lens without any abrupt distinction between the fields themselves. This is why progressive lenses are often referred to as “no-line” bifocals or trifocals.
- High Index and Aspheric Lenses – This type of lens is manufactured to be thinner at the edges of the lens and lighter in weight overall. It is a good choice for people with stronger prescriptions.
- Photochromic Lenses – Photochromic lenses change from clear to dark based on the intensity of UV radiation.
- Polycarbonate Lenses – Extremely durable, polycarbonate lenses are up to 10 times more impact resistant than regular plastic lenses. If you are hard on your glasses, these might be for you!
- Computer Lenses – If you spend hours a day in front of a computer screen, you may want to consider a pair of lenses specific for screens that help reduce the glare and increase the screen’s contrast so it’s not too harsh on your eyes
Does a long day staring at a computer or phone screen cause you eye strain, headaches, dizziness, neck and shoulder pain or dry eye? Almost 65% of people suffer from these symptoms.These issues could be caused by a slight misalignment of your eyes.
Cargo Eye Care now offers Neurolens, revolutionary eyeglass lenses that reduce the painful symptoms of eye misalignment. If you suffer from any of these symptoms, we invite you in for a quick and easy test to determine if Neurolens are right for you. Our Neurolens Measurement Device painlessly scans and measures your eyes to detect any misalignment. Contour Prism Neurolens are the first and only prescription eyeglass lenses that corrects misalignment and alleviates symptoms.
Who says glasses can’t be a bold fashion statement? Not us! And certainly not today, when there are so many frames, styles and materials to choose from.
Your glasses can be a distinguishing fashion statement; a pop of style and flair. Or, if you prefer, your glasses can be subdued and understated; quietly complementing your best features. It’s up to you!
Cargo Eye Care of Las Colinas offers an impressive selection of designer frames – for both eyeglasses and sunglasses – in styles for men, women and children.
A few of our bestselling premium frames include:
Don’t see a designer or brand you’re interested in? Just ask!
With such a wide variety of lens and frame options out there, Cargo Eye Care makes it super simple to customize your sunglasses so that they meet your visual, protection, performance, comfort and style needs.
A great pair of sunglasses will protect your precious peepers from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation, which is present even on cloudy days! Quality sunwear, such as what can be found at Cargo Eye Care, provides 100 percent UV protection and can significantly reduce the risk of vision problems caused by sunlight such as cataracts and retinal damage.
Glare. It’s annoying, right? (insert arm thrown across the face to shield eyes from the oncoming direct sun).
Glare makes it difficult to see objects clearly by washing out colors and details. Glare is rude, but no worries. It’s easily defeated.
Hello, polarized lenses.
Looking at a scene with polarized lenses, which can be placed in your sunglasses, you’ll notice the colors are deeper, richer and bolder, and details are clearer and more distinct. Polarized lenses also help reduce squinting, which, in turn, reduces eye fatigue, tension and eyestrain. Not to mention less squinting equals fewer wrinkles. Win!
A few of our most popular sunglasses brands include:
- Maui Jim
Our experienced optical team will help you find the perfect fit for your unique needs and style. We can help you narrow down the choices so you can find the look, fit and functionality you want – so that you are not only seeing your best, but looking your best, too!